Your privacy is extremely important to us. We are committed to enforcing privacy best practices such as the EU's General Data Protection Regulation
If you have questions about our privacy practices, please reach our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
. Our privacy mailbox is actively monitored to ensure timely responses.
In addition, our web application includes privacy settings you can use to understand how your personal information is being used, as well as submit common requests allowing you to take control over its usage.
What type of personal information do we collect?
Examples of personal information we collect include:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Telephone number (for technical support)
- Physical address (for purchases)
Most personal information is collected directly from you when you actively perform activities such as:
- Creating an account
- Purchasing a subscription
- Submitting a support ticket
- Submitting online forms
- Responding to a survey
- Applying for a position
However, in order to ensure a better experience, we also collect additional derivative information when delivering our Services to you. This type of additionl information may be less obvious, so we wanted to further explain their nature and purpose.
Cookies are not persisted, except for those containing your time zone offset from GMT.
Service usage data
tracks browsing activity, IP addresses, application settings, application IDs, accounts IDs, browser types, device types, application usage patterns, error data, language preferences, and other analytics as you interact with our Services. We collect this data to measure and improve the experience, performance, and security of Services delivered to you. For example, we require collection of web access information to safeguard our systems from threats such as denial of service attacks.
User shared data
consists of personal information provided by you about other users. We collect this information only to deliver specific application functionality needed by our Services. For example, you may provide a list of email addresses for the purpose of automatically notifying corresponding users that their incentive rewards are ready. We will only communicate with those email addresses for this specific application purpose.
How my personal information utilized?
We limit utilization of your personal information to the following use cases:
Delivering and improving Services delivered to you
- Utilization is required to deliver Services you interact with
- Utilization is required to improve Services you interact with
- Utilization is required for legal compliance or other lawful purposes
- Utilization is allowed after receiving explicit permission from you
We collect information about your interactions with our Services. We utilize this information to:
- Deliver core functionality expected by users of our Services
- Measure and optimize the performance and reliability of our Services
- Detect and respond to incidents such as errors, outages, abuse, fraud, etc.
- Investigate issues such as performance degradation, feature defects, edge cases, etc.
- Improve features, understand our audience, understand usage patterns, etc.
In most cases, the information is only processed in aggregate, without no direct connection to individuals. However, in cases where the information is connected to an individual, we handle it accordingly.
Integrating with third-parties
We may share your personal information with third-parties for specific integration purposes. We share information with third-parties to:
- Send emails
- Manage support tickets
- Process credit card payments
- Request analysis of web usage data
- Implement secure single-sign on
- Import business data for processing purposes
- Implement integration with CRM systems
In all cases, we minimize the amount of personal information shared, so as to only satisfy the exact purpose of the integration with the third-party. For example, a third-party single sign on solution does not need your physical address to implement its function, and so will not receive it from us.
Communicating with you
We may use your personal information to contact you via email, phone, or mail. We communicate with you for purposes such as:
- Providing customer support
- Requesting product feedback
- Solicitating product feedback
- Making an announcement (ex: new feaure available)
- Sending transactional notifications (ex: sign up confirmation)
- Sending service-related notifications (ex: invoice)
- Delivering specific application feature functionnality
- Sending newsletter communications
We request your explicit consent for all communications not related to transactional or service-related events. If you provide information about other users, we will communicate with them only as required to deliver specific application functionality. For example, you may provide a list of email addresses for the purpose of automatically notifying users that their incentive rewards are ready. We will only communicate with those email addresses for this specific purpose.
Your personal information may be transferred across various country boundaries or networks depending on your location relative to our Services. Your personal information may also be shared with third-parties for specific integration purposes as previously described.
Complying with law enforcement
Your personal information may be shared with law enforcement officials, their affiliates, or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. Your personal information may also be shared with law enforcement officials, their affiliates, or private parties at our sole discretion, if we believe there is legitimate need to respond to legal process, protect our rights / properties, prevent illegal activity, or protect the public.
Tracking web activities
We use Google Analytics to track browsing activity. As explained above, this is done to improve our Services. As a result, your browsing activity, IP addresses, application settings, application IDs, accounts IDs, browser types, device types, application usage patterns, error data, language preferences, and other usage analytics may be tracked as you interact with our Services. While your name or email address is not included in shared information, it may be possible for the third-party to correlate data across web properties and identify you.
How is my personal information managed?
We use appropriate controls to ensure your personal information remains safe. This includes:
- Using data encryption at rest where appropriate
- Using data encryption in online data transmissions
- Using data retention policies to delete or anonymize legacy data
- Using third-party providers to store credit card numbers
- Minimizing information shared with third-parties we integrate with
It is our policy to delete or anonymize all data one (1) year after it was last used, unless it is needed to actively deliver Services to you, or for a legitimate business use including:
- A need to preserve data to ensure proper accounting
- A need to preserve data to maintain accurate business records
- A need to preserve data to comply with contractual obligations
- A need to preserve data as part of an investigation, a legal process, or enforcement of rights
Our web application includes a privacy section allowing you to:
- Request that your account's information be deleted
- Request a download of personal information we store about you
- Customize email notifications
- Report a privacy issue
What else should I know?
Our Services require all users to be 18 or older. Our Services are not intended, nor designed to soliciate usage from individuals under the age of 18.
If you have questions about our privacy practices or your rights, please reach our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
. This mailbox is actively monitored to ensure timely responses.